Mint Chocolate Squares
With a crumbly brownie base, sweet peppermint filling and a decadent chocolate topping,this raw mint slice is the perfect easy dessert or healthy snack. This recipe requires no special equipment, no oven and it’s ready in no time! It is a healthy version of a classic old-school, no-bake slice.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds or pecans (or a mix)
- 3/4 cup dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 3+ hours and drained
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves for colour
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 oz chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add the almonds or pecans (or other nuts/seeds) to a food processor and process until coarse crumbs form. Add dates and and cocoa powder and process until everything is combined. The mixture should stick together when pinched between two fingers.
- Line a 8 or 9 inch square baking tin or container with baking paper. Press the base mixture into the tin to cover the bottom. Smooth the surface and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth. Taste and add more peppermint if desired.
- Scoop the mint filling onto the base and smooth it out evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in freezer to chill.
- Make the topping by melting the chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler. Stir in the coconut oil until you get a smooth mixture. Pour the mixture over the mint filling, using the back of a spoon to ensure that it’s evenly covering the slice.
- Chill in the freezer for 1 hour or until the mint filling is firm and the chocolate topping is set.Once firm, cut into pieces. You can let the slice sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly before cutting.
If you are looking for more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites