A healthy, easy, no-bake, no heat alternative to traditional coconut ice. Just like grandma used to make, but this version does away with the refined sugars and is so much healthier than the version we grew up eating!
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raspberries, fresh but if using frozen, thaw them out first
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line the base of a 15 x 25cm slice tin.In a saucepan over low heat place the coconut oil, coconut milk, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Stir until melted and combined.Remove from heat and combine with desiccated coconut in a separate bowl.Press half the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the freezer. Leave in the freezer until just firm.
- In a food processor whiz the raspberries until smooth. Combine the raspberries with the remaining coconut mixture. It should be pink!Take the tin out of the freezer and press the pink mixture on top of the white.Place back into the freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).Cut into slices and enjoy!
For more delicious healthy recipes like this one to help you meet your wellness goals, visit my collection at Blended Bites