Superfood Energy Bars
An active lifestyle is somehow impossible without a well-balanced diet. Why? Because you need a good and lasting source of energy to be able to do things that make your life epic. These bars are nutrient-dense, rich in vitamins and minerals that will sustain that energy. They are also a downright delicious any time snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup cashews or pistachios
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup seeds (or a mix) pumpkin, hemp, sunflower, chia, flax sesame etc
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 4 oz chocolate
- extra chopped nuts, seeds or dried fruit for topping
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture is sticky and well combined. Press into an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and place in fridge.
- Gently melt chocolate and pour over base. Add your toppings and place back in fridge to set then cut into bars.
For more healthy, no bake delicious recipes to help you meet your health and wellness goals visit Blended Bites