Seedy Sunbutter Bites
The sunflower seed taste, and the chia seed crunch is so yummy.These bites are chewy, savory, sweet, and perfect for a quick snack to prep ahead of time. Loaded with good for you ingredients like hemp hearts and chia seeds, these little bites are the perfect healthy snack to tide you over until your next meal.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (seeds)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed (or any other nut or seed) butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- In a food processor, process the pecans, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts and chia seeds until finely ground, about 1 minute. Add the coconut oil, seed butter and honey. Process again until it balls up, about 30 seconds. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and process again for another 10 seconds.
- Line a bread pan with cling wrap or parchment paper. Place the batter in the lined pan, and press it into the pan, about 3/4 inch thick then pop in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Remove from freezer and cut into bite sized squares.
- Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute and a half, stirring after one minute. Once the chocolate is nice and drizzly, drizzle the tops of the bites. You can also dip them half way if preferred. Keep on the cutting board so you can easily put them in the fridge or freezer to allow the chocolate to harden. Store in fridge until you are ready to eat them
For more delicious. healthy recipes like this one check out my collection here: Blended Bites