Rocky Road Slice
Avoiding processed sugar? This rocky road recipe is naturally sweetened with honey so you can feel good about what you are putting into your body.It’s a perfect recipe for both lunch boxes and after-school snacks. You would not believe how yummy, filling and healthy this bar is. Filled with nourishing nuts for crunch, dried fruit, coconut and topped with freeze dried raspberries for that extra vibrant zing. This classic treat with a healthy twist is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Looking for an option to satisfy the little ones in your life too? Add some marshmallows for an extra gooey texture the kids will love.
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cranberries dried (or any dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut (or any other nut or seed butter)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup puffed cereal (such as puffed wheat or rice bubbles)
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 1/2 cup raspberries, freeze-dried, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons goji berries, dried
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides or use a non-stick silicon tin.Place honey, coconut oil, peanut butter and cocoa into a food processor and blend until combined. Add nuts, coconut, cranberries and puffed cereal and pulse a few times to break down some of the larger pieces and slightly incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and spread to the sides. Tap the container to ensure pockets of air are released and place in the freezer to set.Sprinkle the top of the rocky road with coconut chips, freeze-dried raspberries and chopped goji berries and gently press down so it sticks.Place into fridge for about 2 hours, until completely set. Cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
If you are looking for more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites