Raspberry Hemp Slice
A delicious raw slice made with almonds, cashews,hemp seeds and topped with pomegranate or raspberries. The flavor can’t be matched and the hemp seeds makes them a bit more filling.While these certainly make a delicious treat, and are fantastic to quell a mid-afternoon craving for sweets,they are even better before a workout. There’s fast acting energy from the dates that feeds your muscles during exercise and will fuel energetic workouts, without spiking blood sugar.
- 1 cup almonds or other nuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (seeds)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 3+ hours and drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pomegranate or raspberries
- In a food processor, blend the almonds until broken down and crumbly. Add hemp seeds, dates and vanilla extract and process until it forms a sticky dough.Press down the base in a square tin lined with baking paper. Place the base in the freezer while you make the cashew filling.
- Place the soaked cashews into food processor along with the maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Get the base out of the freezer and spread the cashew filling over the base layer. Top with pomegranate or raspberries.Place the slice back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Take out 30 minutes before slicing/serving.
If you are looking for more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites