Orange Apricot Protein Bars
Who doesn’t love a good protein bar? They are among the most tasty, filling, and convenient healthy snack ideas you can enjoy. These Orange Apricot Protein Bars are the perfect nutritious wholesome snack! Sweet, salty, chewy, and nutrient dense! Save money by making your own homemade protein bars. These homemade protein bars are made with wholesome ingredients, naturally sweetened and taste better than anything you can buy at the store.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup any protein powder
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- chocolate chips and crushed nuts of choice (optional)
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.Blend together almonds and cashews until broken down and chunky. Add apricots, oats, honey, orange juice and zest and protein powder and continue to process until a sticky batter is formed. Don’t overdo it so that there is still texture to the mixture.
- Press into a baking dish. Sprinkle extra chopped apricots, oats and/or chopped nuts on top and gently press down into the batter. If you want to add chocolate chips do so here. Or heat chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds, stir, then drizzle on top of bars.
- Let bars cool in fridge to set. Around 30 minutes. Once batter is set, you can cut into 8-10 squares.Keep refrigerated
For more delicious recipes like this one, check out my collection at Blended Bites