Lemon Coconut Ice Cream
The creamiest Lemon Coconut Ice Cream that’s a must try! Dairy-free and naturally sweetened, made with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. So refreshing and uses just 6 ingredients. There are no special techniques required – you just whiz all the ingredients together in a food processor then freeze. It could not be simpler.
- 1 13.5oz can coconut milk or cream, chilled
- 3/4 cup almond (or any other nut or seed) butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional for yellow colour)
- Place a freezer-friendly container or loaf pan in the freezer.In a food processor or high speed blender, add all your ingredients and blend well, until thick and creamy. Ensure you regularly scrape down the sides to ensure the mixture is fully combined.
- Pour your coconut ice cream mixture into the pre-frozen container and place in the freezer. For the first hour, stir the ice cream mixture every 15 minutes, before allowing to freeze completely.Allow the ice cream to freeze for at least 3 hours.Let the coconut ice cream thaw for 15 minutes, before scooping into bowls, using a slightly wet ice cream scoop.
For 50 more delicious, healthy, ice cream recipes visit: Blended Bites