Lemon Cheesecake Bites
These beautiful, tangy, lightly sweet, lemon tarts topped with berries are perfect for a healthy dessert or snack. Made with quality ingredients like almonds, coconut, and cashews they have a fresh, zesty and creamy centre with moist nutty base. These tarts are bit like lemon bars and bit like cheesecake, with a hint of coconut in the background. They are easy to whip up in the blender.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
- 2 cups cashews, soaked - quick soak in boiling water for 1/2-1 hour until soft, then drain
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil. melted
- 3 lemons, juiced
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor blend all ingredients for the base crust until it reaches a coarse consistency- if you pinch it, it should stick together in your fingers.Grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and press 1/2 tablespoon crust into the bottom.
- Puree soaked cashews in a food processor for about 1 minute. Then add honey, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest and vanilla extract. Blend until completely smooth and pour 1 tablespoon filling into each serving. Chill in the freezer for 4-12 hours until firm- more or less time depending on the desired consistency.Top with fresh fruit or berries to serve.
If you are looking for some more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites