Homemade Healthy Gummies
Take control of the ingredients and make your own homemade gummy version. You literally only need THREE ingredients to make these, juice, honey, and gelatin. That’s it!A great option for an easy, fun to eat, healthy, all-natural snack with no artificial junk, just real fruit juice, protein-rich gelatin and sweetened with a little honey.
- A silicone gummy mold or flat dish
- 1 cup fruit and/or vegetable juice
- 8 teaspoons gelatin
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Gelatin should be bloomed first to be used in a recipe. Blooming gelatin involves softening and hydrating it in a cold liquid for 5-10 minutes whether you use water or a liquid called for in your recipe. Simply place the gelatin in a small bowl and cover it with water or juice.
- Measure out one cup of fruit juice and pour it into a small saucepan. Turn up the heat until the juice is almost simmering. Once the juice is near a simmer, add your gelatin. Whisk until combined with juice. Once the gelatin and juice are thoroughly mixed together, add the honey. Whisk.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a measuring cup if you are using small gummy bear type mold and use an eyedropper to fill the mold. Or pour into your flat dish or pan and refrigerate gummies for 20 minutes. Once set, if using a flat dish cut your gummies into small squares or carefully pop out from your mold.Roll in granulated sugar or powdered sugar for a softer coating or any other sugar substitute like stevia or coconut sugar.
- Optional ingredients:For an extra health kick, feel free to add probiotics or elderberry syrup (prevents colds) or cod liver oil (immune system booster).Add food-safe lavender oil or CBD to make a “calming” gummy.Add some turmeric for natural orange coloring and anti-inflammatory relief.Try adding peppermint oil – which can soothe an upset stomach.If you’re not a fan of peppermint, try ginger, another“stomach calming” ingredient.
For more delicious and healthy recipes like this one check out my collection here: Blended Bites