Healthy Chocolate Bark
Desserts and snacks that are actually healthy sound like a myth, but surprisingly this sweet treat is actually good for you. This Healthy Chocolate Bark, with only 5 ingredients that are packed with nutrients, might just be your new favorite snack.The best part, outside of the delicious taste, is the simple preparation and the many different bark combinations you can make. Because the ingredients in this snack are completely healthy you can indulge comfortably and confidently, knowing you’re eating something good for you.
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or your choice of chocolate, chopped)
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice, chopped (cashews, almonds etc)
- 1/2 cup seeds of choice, (hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, chia etc)
- 1/4 cup goji berries (or choice any other dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- For a salty and sweet flavor add some salt flakes to the top of your bark
- Melt: place chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bars into a microwave-safe or heat-proof bowl and heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Or the heat-proof bowl can be placed over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Spread: cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and using a rubber spatula spread the melted chocolate in an even layer.
- Sprinkle: layer the toppings onto the chocolate and gently press them in.
- Cool: allow the bark to cool at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours or place in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Break: using your hand break the firmed up bark into small pieces.
For hundreds of delicious healthy easy to make recipes visit my collection at Blended Bites