Date Snickers Bars
These date Snickers bars are a healthy take on traditional sugar-loaded bars. Made with 5 wholesome ingredients and super easy to make. The soft and luscious Medjool dates serve as the caramel base for this healthy dessert treat. The peanuts add a satisfying crunch, and a smooth chocolate layer adds a velvety finish to make the perfect healthy treat!.
- 16-18 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts (raw or roasted)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Split the dates and remove the stones. Arrange the dates onto the sheet, very close to each other so they are touching. Place another piece of parchment paper on top, and flatten the dates down using a rolling pin, pushing down firmly so that they are mushed together a bit. Carefully remove the parchment paper.
- Drizzle the peanut butter on top of the dates and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Sprinkle on peanuts.
- Set the tray aside and add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl.Melt the chocolate by placing the bowl into the microwave and heating it in 2-3, 30 second increments, being sure to stir in-between.Pour the chocolate over the peanut covered date bar, then top it off with some flaky salt.
- Place your date Snickers bar into the freezer to firm up for at least 30 minutes. Store in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.
If you are looking for some more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites