Zesty Lemon Slice
When life gives you lemons… you make yummy healthy treats! Do you love lemon slice but don't love all the sugar, condensed milk and sweet biscuits that are usually included? You won't believe how good a lemon slice, made with only wholefoods can taste, until you've tried this.Every time I make this zesty lemon slice I'm still amazed at how fabulous something can taste when made with only nutritious wholefoodsIts the perfect any time snack when you crave some thing sweet yet refreshing.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup oats, instant or quick
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 lemons - juice and zest, depending on how lemon-ey you prefer
- In a food processor, blend almonds until they are broken down and crumbly. Add coconut, oats, dates and coconut oil and continue to blend until the mixture is well combined and sticky. Press the dough into a baking paper-lined tin (8x8 inch), then place tin in the fridge while you make the icing.
- In a food processor; blend the coconut until broken down into fine crumbs. Add melted coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and zest and process until smooth. Pour the icing over the base and return to the fridge. Allow 2–3 hours to set, then slice into 12 squares. Store in the fridge.
If you are looking for more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites