Lemon Delish Bars
Chewy, sweet, and a slightly tangy bottom layer topped with a rich and creamy layer of lemon-y goodness...makes these bars so fresh and clean. With only a few simple ingredients you will have delicious lemon bars to satisfy your sweet tooth, plus, they are no-bake and are the perfect delicious,dessert or healthy snack.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked 30 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 3+ hours and drained
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk or cream, full fat
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 lemons juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra lemon zest/and or berries to serve
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough paper over the top and sides to act as a handle to enable the mixture to be removed easily.Place the cashews in a food processor and process until crumby. Add the dates and coconut and process until well combined and the mixture is sticky. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down with your hands until evenly distributed along the bottom of the pan. Set aside while you make the filling.
- Place cashews in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Add all the other filling ingredients and process until completely smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Scoop mixture evenly over the prepared crust.Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until firm. If in a hurry, place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour.Garnish with lemon zest and berries, and serve!
If you are looking for more delicious, healthy, no bake desserts and treats to help you reach your health, wellness and fitness goals, you will love my collection here: Blended Bites